Dick Vernon’s Home Made Spaghetti Sauce
Special Spicy Marinara Spaghetti Sauce
- 6 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 1 small jalapino pepper
- 4 28 ounce cans plum tomatoes
- 3 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. basil leaves
MAKES 6 SERVINGS FOR TWO PEOPLE (use one and freeze five).
- Dice all peppers into small chunks.
- Dice onions into small chunks.
- Chop garlic into small chunks.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil in heated kettle.
- At same time, add peppers, onions, garlic into kettle .
- Cook for about 10 minutes under medium heat.
- Open cans of tomatos and pour liquid into kettle.
- Add tomatoes and crush them with your fingers as you add in kettle.
- Stir well to combine, then bring liquid to a simmer.
- Be sure to run a taste test every so often.
- Add red pepper flakes and basil and continue to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Continue to stir ingredients (and also taste test).
- Start and cook your spaghetti.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti when served.