Stuff You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know!
Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
Coca-Cola was originally green.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
(now get this…)
The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $ 16,400
The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour: 61,000
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair..
The first novel ever written on a typewriter, Tom Sawyer.
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades – King David
Hearts – Charlemagne
Clubs – Alexander, the Great
Diamonds – Julius Caesar
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died because of wounds received in battle.If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes
————Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?A. Their birthplace————
Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?A. Obsession————
Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter ‘A’?A.One thousand————
Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers have in common?A. All were invented by women.————
Q. What is the only food that doesn’t spoil?A.Honey
In Shakespeare’s time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes, the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on.Hence the phrase…’Goodnight, sleep tight’
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride’s father would supply his new son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and
because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.
In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts… So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them ‘Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down.’
It’s where we get the phrase ‘mind your P’s and Q’s’
Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service.‘Wet your whistle’ is the phrase inspired by this practice.
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2015 when…1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2.You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4.You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries…
7. Every commercial on television has a Web site at the bottom of the screen
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it!
10.You get up in the morning and go on-line before getting your coffee
11.You start tilting your head sideways to smile. 🙂
12 You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t a #9 on this list .
NOW you’re LAUGHING at yourself!
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!” (Unknown Author)
Go on, forward this to your friends. You know you want to!
And try to lick your elbow again!
- From the Sick Bed of a Billionaire
- Things They Didn’t Teach You…..
- Amazing Places On Our Planet
- Did You Know???
- Puns for the Educated Minds
- The Best Sermons Are Lived, Not Preached
- Stuff you didn’t know you didn’t know!
- Historical Trivia
- Why . . . Because
- Spoiled Food Guide
- Another Paraprosdokian
- Just Plain Neat Information
- Fun Puns
- HOW TO WASTE TIME
- RULES FOR REACHING A GOOD OLD AGE
- A paraprosdokian
- How Turmeric Can Prevent Cancer
- Philosophy 101
- Lost Words from Long Ago
- I’ve been everywhere
- Eat Lots Of Sweet Potatoes
- Andy Rooney – I’ve Learned
- Top 100 Names in America
- Our Amazing Bodies That God Made
- 10 Medicinal Uses for Dark Chocolate
- Stuff, Stuff and more Stuff
- 43 uses for WD-40
- Something For Seniors
- So You Think You Know Everything???
- Geography Facts, States and World Wide
- Things You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know
- Inflammation Triggers the Symptoms of Disease
- The Human Body
- More Stuff
- Take the Zeal for Life Challenge
- The Year is 1914.
- Cancer: the Forbidden Cures – Full Documentary
- Laws They Don’t Teach in Physics:
- The Magic Square of 34
- Alkaline Water
- Amazing Story of Stuart Hamblin
- Strange English Language
- Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?
- The Train
- 80 Uses for Coconut Oil
- 45 Great Uses for Lemons
- Remembering Mom’s Clothesline
- What you can make from a 480 pound bale of cotton
- Interesting States Facts
- Who Was The First President Of The USA?
- Magic Bank
- Men’s Learning Center
- Did Ya Ever Wonder?
- If I Knew
- The List – Top 50 Innovations
- How To Tell If Your Vitamins Are Working
- 31 Things You Can Freeze to Save Time and Money
- Things That Can Drive A Sane Person Insane
- Grandpa’s Hands
- Facts You May Not Know
- Did I Read That Sign Right?
- Eating Fruits
- I’ve learned – Andy Rooney
- God’s Wisdom
- Turmeric Produces ‘Remarkable’ Recovery in Alzheimer’s Patients
- Laws you Need to Know
- The Stranger
- And Then It Is Winter
- I Believe
- Homemade Mosquito Trap
- What’s UP?
- Actual comments made by Troopers
- Christian One Liners
- Interesting Math
- Good Advice
- Good Stuff
- Vicks VapoRub – Very Interesting!
- Lessons Life Taught Me
- A Simple Pineapple
- A Baby’s Hug – Beautiful Story
- How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity
- The Fence
- Understanding God’s World
- Redneck definition of medical terms
- Do You Belong To The “In Crowd”
- The Story of Praying Hands
- Find 30 books in the Bible
- 7-Day Diet Weight Loss Soup (Wonder Soup)
- Honey and Cinnamon
- Great Truths About Life
- Sweet Poison . . . A Must Read
- Danna’s Spanish Rice
- Subject: Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins
- Now you know more than you did before!!
- Student Who Obtained 0% On An Exam…And How He Did It….:)
- WISDOM – Written by a 90 year old
- Getting Old????
- My Favorite Animal – As Told By A Little Boy
- Old Paths
- Words To Live By
- Cinnamon Candy Apples or Pears
- Dick Vernon’s Home Made Spaghetti Sauce
- Golden Rules for Living
- Hank Williams legacy lives on
- Hank Williams Last Ride
- Better Than A Christmas Card
- 27 Questions
- Paul Harvey Transcript 1959
- Twas The Night Before Christmas as told by a scholar with 23 years of education
- Can You Read This ?????
- WHERE TO RETIRE
- To Realize
- Great Reading.
- Life Lessons
- These Are Golden Truths
- How to Kill Mosquitoes – NOT A JOKE
- Minimum Wage
- What If There Isn’t Anymore
- The Basic Rules For Clothes Lines:
- Israel – A Miracle!
- Letter to the IRS
- Eleven Rules for Students
- Eating Fruit
- TIPS ON PUMPING GAS
- Did You Know????
- DON’T LET IT END THIS WAY
- Rules for Clotheslines
- I Believe
- Why, Why, Why
- Eating Fruit
- The Tale of Two Pebbles
- AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH:
- A Pet’s 10 Commandments
- 21 Important Lines of Wisdom
- Can You Read This ???????
- LISTEN TO DOCTOR CHANG……
- 1932 Dick Vernon was born
- QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME!
- January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- August 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- 230,173 hits